Alessandro Del Piero has thrown uncertainty over whether he will continue playing for Juventus come the end of this campaign.

The 36-year-old Italian, who has already attained legendary status in Turin, is currently in his final year of his contract with the club.

But the playmaker has played down talks of leaving the Old Lady or retirement and chooses to focus on the new season.

"Thinking about the end of my career isn't something that I spend a lot of time on. I still haven't made a decision on whether this will be my final year with Juventus," Del Piero told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The thought that this could be my last year is motivating me to give 200 per cent though. I want to end my career on a high. When I look back at my career in 20 years time, I'll look back at it quite satisfied."

Del Piero started his professional football career with Padova, but joined Juventus in the summer of 1993. The attacker has since made over 600 official appearances for the Serie A giants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top